3.15.2008

Travel light.

This is my new motto/catch phrase. (I have a few of them.)

TRAVEL LIGHT.

Isn't it beautiful?

Let me explain - Life is a journey. I am a pilgrim. "He who dies with the most toys still dies." (Can't remember where I heard this.) Acquiring stuff bogs down the sojourner. Sometimes it even brings the true journey of life to a halt - there's too much to worry about losing to engage in the adventure.

Do you have any thing/s that you would have a hard let letting go of?
  • Your house? Truck? Guitar? (Some of my things that put my pilgrimage at risk.)
  • How about the sum total of everything you have acquired? Could you walk away from it all?
If we can't, then what are we really living for?

The point: Things can "easily entangle us." (A smart guy named Paul once coined this.) Never forget that life is a journey. Never forget what is worth living for and what isn't. Know you direction. Travel light.

No comments: