1.29.2008

"But God..."

Ephesians 2:1-10 tells a great story. My story. Your story. It recounts my years of hopeless service to my own desires and passions. Then comes the important part, "But God." (2:4)

In the midst of my slavery to myself, God stepped in. The life and fulfillment I had sought through my own slavish efforts, He gave me. My soul was lost in darkness, but God...

It gets even better.

This "But God" was not just about pity. God stepped in because He loves me. God stepped in because I have a destiny in Him.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (2:10)

If you can look back across your journey and see your own "But God," have you considered recently His love for you? Have you been in pursuit of the good works that you were created to do?

No comments: